FREE SHIPPING offer on this product extended to 31st March 2019
Rope press-downs are excellent for developing mass and working the triceps through a fuller range of motion. By using the rope, as opposed to a straight or V-bar, you can extend outward at the bottom of the movement and recruit muscle fibers that are not normally used in other triceps exercises. Rope press-downs are also a great finishing exercise since you can use low weight and still get that deep burn by flaring out toward the bottom.
- Build stronger, more defined triceps and biceps with this custom-designed triceps rope!
- Allows full extension of triceps muscles
- Shorter ropes make the user spread forearms outward at the end of the repetition--shifting the work to other muscles, not the triceps.
- Durable, thick rope is built to last through your toughest workouts
- High-quality rubberized ends provide comfortable support
- Heavy-duty coated nylon rope with solid rubber ends
- Heavy-duty chrome plated attachment connects to any universal gym system
- Develops triceps, biceps, back, shoulders and abs
- Improves grip strength.
- Made out of heavy duty coated nylon that is 1.25" in diameter. 26" in length
- Custom engineered ball grips provide a stronger grip Rope is supported by forged steel grommet that hooks into any universal gym system.
- Warranties:12 Months Parts replacement warranty
How to Perform Tricep Rope Press-Downs :
- Place a rope extension at the top of a cable pulley or on any lat pull-down machine.
- Face the rope and stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Your back and head should remain straight at all times.
- Grab the rope with your palms facing each other. Make sure your elbows are as close as possible to your body. They are not to move at all during the exercise. Think of them as a door hinge.
- Press the rope down and then out, when you reach the bottom. Try and picture pulling apart the rope from both ends.
- Squeeze at the bottom for a count of 1. Make sure the emphasis is placed on your triceps, not your front deltoids.
- Return to the starting position.
- Complete 8 to 12 repetitions for three sets.
Tips and Warnings:
- Make sure your elbows do not flare out during the movement. This will take the stress off the triceps muscle, and the press-downs will not be as effective.
- Leaning forward will also take the emphasis off the triceps.
- People with tendonitis or lateral/medial epicondylitis may experience pain with this exercise. If you do, stop immediately.
Add this to your cart today, and pay over time with your choice of Afterpay, zipPay or LayBuy!